We know that you are here, to understand how you can configure Netgear extender setup has no WPS button. Well, there is no doubt that we provide you with some of the most significant and secure method regarding your issue on the Netgear. Thus, today also, we are going to give you a direct and straightforward process. If there is no WPS button on your Netgear setup in that case, you can use Ethernet, connection to set your Netgear extender setup.
Scroll down to know this step by which you can configure the Netgear if there is no WPS button. Well, as we already penned above that here in the section, you will the steps.
1. Put the Netgear extender setup in the same room as the router.
2. Please do make sure that you have a live connection of the internet coming directly from the primary router. And, make sure that the router is WPS capable. Please do note that WPS does not support WEP security. Change the security of your primary router to WPA2-PSK (AES) for optimal performance.
3. Plug the WiFi into an electrical outlet and wait till the Power LED to become stable. But, if it does not turn ON, press the On/Off button on the side panel of the extender.
4. Press and hold the WPS button that is located on the side panel of the extender for a few seconds till the WPS LED starts blinking.
5. Within 2 minutes, you need to press the WPS button on your wireless router, gateway, or access point. Here, you need to wait for at least 2 minutes while the extender connects to your existing wireless network.
6. The WPS LED on the Netgear extender setup should turn to solid green, and the router LED also turn solid green to let you know that your extender connected to your leading network.
7. In case your router supports the 5GHz band, repeat steps 4 and 5 to join the extender to the 5GHz group.
8. Shift your Netgear setup to your particular location, but ensure it is in between the router and the wireless devices to get a suitable signal.
9. Now you need to connect your wireless devices to the extender’s new SSID. Here, do remember that the password to be used will be the same WiFi password as the one on your primary router.
Lastly, we hope now you know the other way of how you can configure Netgear extender setup has no WPS button. So, for more questions on Netgear kindly do ask us, and we are here, to provide you with more information on the Netgear setup. Also, do tell us about our this web blog page article.