Like the previous articles, on Netgear setup, in today’s blog too, you will get the step by step guidance on Netgear WN3000RP setup. Well, as many of you know that Netgear WN3000RP is one of the most used and sold Netgear range extenders. So, we provide you with full guidance on the setup of Netgear WN3000RP. Also, we have got the list the best Netgearwifi extenders in this blog.
Thus, if you have already purchased the WN3000RP then, this post is for you as in the below we provide you with the method of Netgear WN3000RP setup. Well, here are two systems by which this Extender can be configured. So, kindly look out the two essential steps.
Connect using the WPS button as that is the first method for the setup of WN3000RP.
1, First take a close look at identifying the WPS button highlighted.
2, Here, you have to identify where the WPS button is on the Extender. Then, the next step is on the router of yours you need to identify the WPS button. Well, that button is usually indicated by arrows or a lock symbol.
3. Here, you know, on the router where the WPS button is on so, plug the Netgear Extender into the power socket and turn it on.
4. Put your Extender within the range of your router by which it can be at an equal distance between the router and the wireless device located outside the scope of the router.
5. Once it is connected and, the setting will be saved then, you can position it later.
6. Now, on the Extender, you need to press the WPS button.
7. Later just in 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your wireless router, gateway or access point.
8. Now, the wireless device of you should be connected. Then, check for the new network arrives on the computer of yours.
9. From the Extender, the name of the new wireless network broadcasted will carry original router’s network name of yours at the end with an EXT.
So, this above mentioned is the process for the first method. Lastly, the network key to connect to the Extender will be the same as your original router’s password.
1. To continue with the Web of Netgear setup guidance, you should know the password for your existing router because you need this to connect the Extender to the router of yours.
2. In case you do not know what the password is, then you can try to reset the wireless password of yours. Now since you or the one know what the password is you can continue with the setup.
3. Here, connect the Extender to the power socket and turn it on.
4. Wait for a while, the Extender to power up itself as after a minute you need to connect to Netgear_EXT
5. Once the Extender connects to your PC, the PC to Extender LED will light green.
6. Now, connect Extender to your router open your web browser and go to Netgear setup official site.
7. You can now see the NETGEAR Genie site with a setup wizard.
8. Here, you can walk through the web-based guide to choose your wifi network that you would like the Extender to connect.
9. Select your system (structure) and provide the password to it.
10. Proceed with prompts on the screen to finalize the Netgear WN3000RP setup.
Here, your Extender of Netgear WN3000RP setup successfully connected to the router. So, now, your setup is done and, for more queries on Netgear Extender setup do connect with our website.